Since centuries thousands of books are published each year. A few books receive accolades others are enjoyed and lie forgotten on dusty shelves and yet others go unnoticed. Publishers weekly reviews more than 6000 books both print and online in various categories like fiction, poetry, non fiction, comics, religion, lifestyle, and children’s books.
In Fiction PW lists as top picks:
1. Call Me by Your Name by Andre Aciman.
2. Fieldwork by Mischa Berlinski.
3. The Savage Detectives by Roberto Bolario.
4. The Tin Roof Blowdown by James Lee Burke.
5. The Falling Man by Don DeLillo.
6. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz.
7. The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid.
8. Returning to earth by Jim Harrison.
9. The Chicago Way by Michael Harvey.
10. The heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill.
11. The Archivist’s Story by Travis Holland.
12. The Body of Lies by David Ignatius.
13. The Tree of Smoke by Denis Johnson.
14. The Bowl of Cherries by Millard Kaufman.
15. What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman.
In fiction for children the top picks were:
1. The Golden dream of Carlo Chuchio by Joyd Alexander.
2. The Absolute True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie.
3. The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray.
4. Mistik Lake by Martha Brooks.
5. Someday this Pain will be Useful to You by Peter Carmeron.
6. Revolution is Not a dinner party by Ying Chang Compestine.
7. Elijah of Buxton by Christopher Paul Curtis.
8. A Swift Pure Cry by Siobhan Dowd.
9. Before I Die by Jenny Downham.
10. Evil Genius by Catherine Jinks
11. Bone by Bone by Bone by Tony Johnston.
12. Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney.
13. Red Spikes by Margo Lanagan.
14. Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy
15. Bullyville by Francine Prose.
By: Timothy Rudon
About the Author: